Before I even start this topic, I can imagine half of you feeling confused/shocked because “What and why the hell 17 year old decided to blog about DDLG?” and other half having no idea what I am talking about. Just to make this clear – the fact that I decided to write about this, doesn’t mean I am part of this kink community. Probably like many others, after watching “50 shades of Grey”, I started being curious about what is BDSM. One thing everyone should know – this movie DOES NOT display BDSM properly.
- BDSM is not violence and most people involved in it aren’t mentally sick. Everything happens with the consent of everyone engaged in this activity.
- BDSM isn’t dangerous when done correctly. Boundaries get discussed and safe words are created.
So that much about “50 shades of Grey”. If you want to see more proper view to BDSM, watch “Secretary”.Now, let’s jump to DDLG. I got to know about this quite recently (few months ago), after digging deep in information about BDSM.
DDLG – Daddy Dom / Little Girl. DDLG, or dd/lg, is a relationship in which one person is the caregiver or “daddy” and the other is childlike. I’ll debunk some myths about DDLG, too, so you don’t start viewing those involved as sick and twisted.
- DDLG has nothing to do with incest. Littles, who don’t feel comfortable calling Dominant “daddy”, use words like “master”, “Sir”, “king”, mister” etc.
- DDLG does not involve underage persons, so it has nothing to do with paedophilia.
- Not all DDLG relationships involve sexual contact. By the way, same goes with BDSM.
Those are main things everyone gets wrong. So I can finally get to my thoughts about this. Honestly, I am pretty impressed with the way this relationship works.
What I adore about this relationship – rules. It’s pretty clear what is approporiate and what isn’t in this relationship. If you behave well, you get rewarded, if not – punished. Here are few examples.
I just see this as improved version of relationship. You help each other become better, trust for whole 100% and support each other. You can talk openly about things that worry you and find the best way to make your relationship. Maybe someday I might consider being in this kind of relationship. If you’re interested, you can do some research on your own and realize that not everything that looks weird and twisted from the first look is that bad. What do you think of DDLG? Comment below.
xoxo, Porcelain Doll.